Commander-in-Chief and Chief Of Army Staff Gen Maharaj Rajendrasinhji, Son Of Shri Maharaj Devisinhji and Bashri Nathibasheb was Born On 15 Jun 1899 at Sarodar, Nawanagar State (Present Gujarat). Educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot, Malvern College (JK) and Military College, Sandhurst, he was commissioned in 60 Rifles in 1921 and joined 2 Royal Lancers in 1922. During Second World War he served with Distinction in North African Desert and was Awarded DSO and Mentioned Dispatches.
He was Military Attaché in USA in 1945-46, promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General in 1948 and held the appointment of GOC-In-C Eastern Command Till 1953.
On 15 January 1953 he became C-In-C Indian Army and was the First COAS from 01 To 14 May 1955. He Expired on 01 January 1964 at Bombay.
General Maharaj Rajendrasinhji the former COAS was the GOC-in-C Southern Command from 1948 to 1953. The Defence forces officers fraternity at Pune decided to establish an exclusive Defence Services Institute in the Station named after Gen Rajendrasinhji during 1950. The necessity for similar Institutions was felt in other military cantonments. As a consequence RSI Secunderabad was established in 1951 in an imposing old building of year 1875 vintage. The Institute was inaugurated by Mrs.Dargalkar W/o Brig KO Dargalkar on 09 Feb 1951 in the old Offrs Mess building of the then Deccan Sub Area.
The Rajendrasinhji Institute (popularly known as RSI) Secunderabad, is located in the historic Secunderabad Cantonment which is the largest Cantonment in our Country. It is located close to the Rashtrapati Nilayam in a sprawling 10 acre area. The main building known as TRISULA, is of 1875 vintage. It houses the Main Lounge, AC Bar and Dining Hall. The amenities in the Institutecater for-most of the requirements of the Defence Officers. The Institute has several indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
|Col A, 54 Inf Div|
|Dy Comdt, AOC Centre|
|Rep MH Secunderabad|
|Adm Comdt, Stn HQ Cell|
|Rep 1 EME Centre|
|Rep AF Stn Hakimpet|
|Rep AF Stn Begumpet|